CHALLENGE PRE CHALLENGE




PHOTO CHALLENGE 2021 

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM???

I saw your numbers.

You do.


You guys.  If you can follow through with this, you will be so happy that you did.  I PROMISE.


I LITERALLY FORCE MYSELF TO DO THIS.  I say “force” because it takes up some time out of my day that I don’t want to take and that is simply because i am LAZY.  When I take those “so many things” and arrange them in order of importance, this is always at the top.  


I am proud of all of you for sharing your numbers.  Some of you have certainly created a shitshow in your phone and i want you know that you CAN DO THIS.  Whether you are low or high in your numbers, I get it.


IMAGINE SOME SCENARIOS: 


If someone turned OFF THE INTERNET and took your PHONE and your COMPUTER, would you be able to show your children the major events from your life and from  their lives?  Birthdays, holidays, silly days, vacations, celebrations, get togethers, … 


How long would it take you to scroll back in your timeline and find a photo of the first tooth your child lost?  Facebook doesn’t have a heartbeat and isn’t a devoted friend that is keeping your timeline safe until you’re ready to show your kids what their lives were like 20 years ago.


What if there is no Facebook in 5 years?  20 years?  How long have you had your current phone? Computer? Are you not a “TECH” person?  


What happens when we get a new phone? I guess the photo are in my Cloud? 


ARE YOU ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND PERCENT SURE that your memories are safe FOREVER in the space they call the cloud?  How long will you wait before you have so many that the thought of browsing for images to print is so overwhelming that you just … pretend it’s not happening…


Let’s say you keep dumping everything into the cloud and freeing up space on your phone. 


Do you know how to get to the cloud and locate the first tooth photo easily?  REALLY?



EXCUSES:


“I’M OVERWHELMED”


Me too. Every day.  I understand how easy it is to become paralyzed when it gets overwhelming. Even thinking about it… chronic deflection. No time. Too many.  I can’t.  I hate it.


“Well, i want to start from the beginning, obviously, and i’ll need a couple of days set aside to g-…”


You will never get the month and the 24/7 time that it would take to print all of your photos at once.  


I am proud of your intentions but they are unrealistic and that is never going to happen.  I’m sorry.  You need tough love.


“I have so many photos that it will cost 2098432502398 to print them all.”


Is that a Starbucks in your hand?  


You can spend 1.00 at one of the places i saw this morning and get 100 images.  ONE PENNY PER PHOTO.  Baby steps…


Excuses.


I am not just one or two of  ☝🏻 those people, you guys.  I am ALL of those people plus a few stragglers…in other words, I UNDERSTAND that watching the images as they continue to pile up is more and more paralyzing as time goes by…


Is there proof without the internet or your device that you are even here?  A couple photos around the house? How many, like 10?


ARE YOUR NUMBERS SOOOOOOO HIGH?


It’s ok.  You just have to start somewhere.


Eventually, your phone/cloud plan will max out your phone and you won’t even have enough memory to TAKE a photo on your phone.  This is when you start weighing out the importance of your apps, because you will have to delete some to make some room for your phone to continue functioning.  Then you will weed out all the photos that you could potentially live without and delete them from the phone to make a little more space, a little bit at a time.  


It’s the cloud, sure,  but you know you’re probably never going to go visit the cloud because it’s scary and complicated and annoying and you also don’t want to take the time to try and figure it out. And if the phone isn’t overwhelming, the cloud IS.  I understand.  I’m telling you that you HAVE A PROBLEM.  


Problems are annoying to address.  And time consuming.  


I’m calling you out because in my heart, I TRULY believe that  it would be such a sad injustice for our children and our families and as well as the families they will create as they continue your legacy through generations to come.



If you’re still reading, you’re one of the desperate ones.  Maybe you can’t even download any more apps on your phone because it’s so full but you can’t delete any even though you’ve been assured that they are in the cloud...THAT FEAR right there (I can’t delete even though it’s in the cloud and my phone is full but I can’t delete I can’t do it) - that’s why you’re still reading.  You know i’m right.  It’s ok.  We are going to do this together. The first step is the hardest.  You must admit that you have a problem. 


Then you need to commit.  That part is hard too.  But we can do this.  YOU CAN DO THIS.


When you have come to terms with this, read the next post.  


WORTH IT.

Popular posts from this blog

THINGS THAT MATTER - THIS CHALLENGE